The moment you’ve all been waiting for…ExplodingCryptoKitties!
The game works like this:
- You receive ExplodingCryptoKitties (XCK) ERC-721 tokens from Bastet, the Goddess of the ExplodingCryptoKitties. Just post your address and I’ll send you some.
- YOU HAVE 24 HOURS (or less) to send your XCK to someone else, or else you risk all your kitties exploding.
- IF you send your XCK to someone else within 24h (or less)…you get 10x per XCK sent as a reward!
- Bastet, Goddess of the ExplodingCryptoKitties, is an Oracle. Whenever she damn well pleases, she can invoke the Power of the Oracle and check to see… Have You Sent Your Kittehs? …which in turn either explodes your kitties or multiplies them. May the Oracle have mercy.
Steps to play
Basically the goal is to compile the code, then load the contract that’s been deployed to Rinkeby in order to publicly interact with it.
- Go to https://remix.ethereum.org
- On the Home tab, click on “import from Gist”, and import this gist
- On the Home tab, click to load the Solidity environment
- In the File explorer, click on the newly imported file, explodingCryptoKitties.sol
- In the Solidity compiler, click to “Compile explodingCryptoKitties.sol” (the Solidity Compiler: 0.5.1+commit.c8a2cb62 should automatically be selected.)
- Click on Ethereum-like button, like the image below
- Switch the Environment at the top to “Injected Web3”, and make sure you have Metamask enabled with some ether in it on the Rinkeby Test Network! Ether available using this faucet.
- DO NOT HIT DEPLOY. We want to load the existing contract on Rinkeby, not deploy a new one otherwise we won’t be able to interact very well with one another.
- Paste in the contract address in the “At Address” field, then click the “At Address” button to load the contract!
a. Contract Address: 0xe6b067382998f8f096cd8142f2234d18a8773615
- Use the
balanceOffield along with your address to see your balance. It’ll be zero until I get you some XCK.
txKittehto transfer some XCK to another person!
P.S. You can try transmitting tokens with just Metamask, but I don’t think it’s capable of transferring NFTs. Or at least it didn’t work when I tried.
P.P.S. The source code can be found in this gist.
P.P.P.S. The balances of all hodlers can be found in this rich list.
Edit: I didn’t know it was required to compile the contract in order to work with a contract already deployed, so edited steps to include importing a gist. Also added step to compile.