Tabarek Ayad 's Intro Post!

Reason for joining the bootcamp?

Well, to be quite honest, I can’t control my obsession about clicking on the “Enroll” button especially the free ones :laughing: ), but besides, I’m a curious techie and a life-long learner, not a newbie not a pro, but something in between, always willing to pass the knowledge I have to others.
I enrolled to finally KNOW what blockchain really is, eliminating the false information about it, and maybe add a new skill, cuz I don’t have any experience in HW or IoT, and everyone in my community seem like he/she do!, and also (because I feel jealous of a friend that seems to know all about BC), so yeah.

Two Truths and a Lie

1. I once developed a Dapp.
  2. I became more informed, more interested about blockchain after enrolling in this
    bootcamp and googling some facts about it.
  3. I had great time reading all your intro posts and knowing more about you all.

:smiley:

1 Like

#1 is not true

Thanks for clicking on Enroll button and looking forward learning from you and others during the bootcamp.

2 Likes

Yes, welcome, this Bootcamp is all about reducing the hype and getting to the meat inside. And your attitude of learning and sharing is exactly what we’re looking to engender, because IoT+BC is still being developed and understood and we’ll all be going through a learning journey together!

1 Like

After this bootcamp…perhaps you’ll be the one teaching it to everyone in your community! Nice way to get started :smiley:

Hi @TabarekAyad

Trust you’re doing well.

Did you manage to look at this week assignment?

What is your public key and address

Hi @pkrasam :worried:
I’ll start with my assignment today

2 Likes

Yay! I believe in you @TabarekAyad

I’m receiving some errors :frowning:

1 Like

Errors are sometimes a good way to learn edge cases.

Please don’t give up.

We are here to assist, I posted some questions in the other post.

2 Likes

Yeah! Tabarek! Don’t give up, this makes me wonder if we should set up some sort of tutorial for windows/*nix systems.
Or if we should set up some sort of shared VPS for the course (even for a week, things like digital ocean and Vypr let you set up temporary accounts that are prorated by use, so for a week it’d be $14/4 dollars. Maybe? If there’s enough interest?

2 Likes

I think in the future setting up a VPS or even using something like Vagrant/Docker would allow people to get up and running quickly without the hassle of setting things up on their local machines.

1 Like

Let’s keep this in mind, I’m wondering when/if we should do another BC and how it can be better/different. Ideas welcome!

Could you use Virtual Box and have a base image available for download, that has everything ready, so everyone can start in the same environment? Like an Ubuntu image that has all the modules installed. You can use a peer to peer to distribute the image, which is also a great first lesson about bitcoin. If someone messes up the OS they can just download it again or make a copy before they start to go back to.

FYI Vagrant is the kind of thing I think you’d want here. Vagrant is compatible with VirtualBox, VMWare, Parallels and other virtual machine environments. All you need to do is pick up a tiny Vagrantfile and run vagrant up, and it’ll download the VM and set it up for you. Docker is a lightweight VM, but works best on Unix machines…I think Vagrant would be the most fair.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll look into Vagrant, thanks @nathanjmartin and @Justintheblock - this is a great setup for round two :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought https://codesandbox.io was great too…but for better or worse it’s all online. I think when it comes to generating private keys etc, local is better.

1 Like

Indeed @nathanjmartin - the surprise I would like the crew to feel is that you can make a usable Ethereum address entirely disconnected from the internet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just got rid of one error :heart_eyes:

1 Like